Golden Jubilee : Assumption College 1870-1920. Page 15
The Bishop's Palace adjoined Assumption Church on the west side. The original bishop's residence was erected in 1837-1838 by the government; the building was later purchased by the Jesuits and moved to the current location. When Bishop Pinsonneault moved his See from London to Sandwich in 1861, he refitted the old building and doubled its size (1861-1863). Unfortunately, the construction was very poor quality, and by 1896 it was beyond repair and had to be demolished. See the Detroit Free Press: Dec. 7th, 1863, page 1 for further information.
Bishops Palace (Windsor)
Assumption Church (Windsor)
Pinsonneault, Pierre Adolphe, Right Reverend
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1