Original Assumption College 1866


(Click to View Larger Image)
Original Assumption College 1866
Publisher: University of Windsor
Date: 1866
Type(s): Photograph
Language: English
Source: Biology : new facilities at University of Windsor / University of Windsor, [1967]. Page 2
Notes: Photograph probably taken about 1866; "The original Assumption College, built in 1856 and demolished in 1965, garrisoned British troops during the Fenian Raids."; the cornerstone was actually laid and blessed by the Bishop of Detroit on June 15th, 1855, and the roof was completed on December 2nd, 1856. Originally, and later, it was a flat roof. The building was 93 feet long, 50 feet wide and 33 feet high, or three stories.
Subject(s): Assumption College (Windsor)
University of Windsor
Universities
Military
Fenian Raids
Place(s): Windsor (Ontario)
Sandwich (Ontario)
Rights: Permission needed
Repository: University of Windsor. Office of Public Affairs
Tiff Image: Click to download original TIFF image