Banks Of The Border Cities, Ont., Canada


(Click to View Larger Image)
Banks Of The Border Cities, Ont., Canada
Date: 1924
Type(s): Postcard
Physical Description: colour; 14x10 cm; 1 envelope with 8 cards (16 views); attached and double-sided
Language: English
Source: Souvenir Folder Of The Border Cities, Ont., Canada
Notes: The souvenir folder is postmarked 1924; this view is one of the sixteen it contains; top left: Imperial Bank Of Canada: located on the northwest corner of Ouellette Avenue and London Street (now University Avenue; built in 1920; architect: Charles S. Cobb; top right: Canadian Bank Of Commerce (Windsor): located on the southeast corner of Ouellette Avenue and Sandwich Street (now Riverside Drive); designed by Victor Daniel Horsburgh; built in 1915 to replace an earlier Canadian Bank Of Commerce building; demolished in 1972; middle: Canadian Bank Of Commerce (Walkerville): located on the west side of Devonshire Road at Assumption Street; was designed by Albert Kahn and Ernest Wilby and built in 1906; bottom left: unknown; bottom right: Dominion Bank (Windsor): was part of the Norwich Block and was located on the southwest corner of Ouellette Avenue and Sandwich Street (now Riverside Drive); it was built in 1908/1909 and demolished in 1999/2000; the architectural firm was Carrere And Hastings (New York) and the associate architect was Eustace G. Bird.
Subject(s): Banks
Imperial Bank Of Canada (Windsor)
Canadian Bank Of Commerce (Windsor)
Canadian Bank Of Commerce (Walkerville)
Dominion Bank (Windsor)
Carrere And Hastings, Architects (New York)
Bird, Eustace G., Architect
Kahn, Albert, Architect
Cobb, Charles S., Architect
Wilby, Ernest, Architect
Horsburgh, Victor Daniel, Architect
Place(s): Windsor (Ontario)
Walkerville (Ontario)
Rights: Public Domain
Repository: University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image: Click to download original TIFF image