Some Of The Factories Of The Border Cities, Windsor, Ont., Canada


(Click to View Larger Image)
Some Of The Factories Of The Border Cities, Windsor, Ont., Canada
Date: 1924
Type(s): Postcard
Physical Description: colour; 14x10 cm; 1 envelope with 8 cards (16 views); attached and double-sided
Language: English
Source: Souvenir Folder Of The Border Cities, Ont., Canada
Notes: The souvenir folder is postmarked 1924; this view is one of sixteen it contains; top left: The Studebaker Plant, Walkerville: located on Walker Road, at the corner of the GTR and PMR tracks; made automobiles; top right: Kelsey Wheel Co. was located on the southeast corner of McDougall Street and Banwell Avenue (no longer exists - now possibly part of Ellis Avenue - between Giles Boulevard and Shepherd Street); produced wheels; bottom left: Frederick Stearns & Co.: 345 (91-111 in the old numbering) Sandwich Street West (south side) between Church Street and River Street; manufactured pharmaceutical products and toiletries; bottom right: Maxwell Plant: located at 1220 McDougall Street, between Hanna Street and Tecumseh Road; made automobiles
Subject(s): Factories
Studebaker Corporation Of Canada (Walkerville)
Kelsey Wheel Company (Windsor)
Stearns, Frederick And Company Of Canada (Windsor)
Maxwell Motor Company (Windsor)
Place(s): Windsor (Ontario)
Walkerville (Ontario)
Rights: Public Domain
Repository: University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image: Click to download original TIFF image