c1920; One Fare; Form G-3; printed signature of the Treasurer: Robert J. Lamels? (illegible); ferry service ran from 1881-1942 and was started by Hiram Walker and associates; it left from the foot of Devonshire Road in Walkerville and docked in several places in Detroit over the years, e.g. Walker Street, Jos. Campeau Avenue, and Bates Street; during the Summer months, the ferry stopped at Belle Isle. Essex and Ariel were the names of a couple of the ships.
Walkerville And Detroit Ferry Company (Walkerville)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2