1. British-American Hotel 2. International Hotel 3. Dominion Bank 4. Canadian Bank of Commerce
|1. British-American Hotel 2. International Hotel 3. Dominion Bank 4. Canadian Bank of Commerce|
Gardner, H. W.
The Evening Record (The Record Printing Co.) Limited
Windsor Ontario 1913 Canada including Walkerville, Ford, Sandwich and Ojibway : an authentic compilation embracing in word and pictorial representation the growth and expansion of these municipalities / compiled by H. W. Gardner. Published: Windsor, Ontario : The Evening Record (The Record Printing Co.) Limited, 1913. Page 19
The British-American Hotel: owner (1913): E. E. Ingram;the British-American Hotel was built on the northeast corner of Ouellette Avenue and Sandwich Street (Riverside Drive)after the fire of 1871. It was basically built as an extension of an older hotel: Hirons House. It was demolished in 1975. The International Hotel (Windsor): at 9 Ouellette Avenue, next to the Dominion Bank - was the third location of this hotel. It closed after a fire in April, 1920; the Dominion Bank, on the southwest corner of Ouellette Avenue and Sandwich Street,opened in 1909 (on the old site of the second International Hotel), and was demolished in 1999-2000; the Canadian Bank of Commerce was located on the southeast corner of Ouellette Avenue and Sandwich Street.
British American Hotel (Windsor)
International Hotel (Windsor)
Dominion Bank (Windsor)
Canadian Bank of Commerce (Windsor)
Ouellette Avenue (Windsor)
Sandwich Street (Windsor)
Riverside Drive (Windsor)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1