|Post Office, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, 1925|
Windsor News Co.
c. 1925; on the back: "The Windsor Post Office, located at Ouellette Avenue and Pitt Street, is one of the oldest structures in Windsor. At the front of the building may be seen a beautiful fountain dedicated to the memory of Windsor heroes, who fell in the Boer War."; the post office was located on the southwest corner of Ouellette Avenue and Pitt Street; it was built in 1879 and demolished in 1932; the Boer War Monument, designed by Walter Allard, is located at the front entrance. It was dedicated on May 24th, 1906, and later moved to Jackson Park; the reddish brown building behind the post office and park was the Victoria Block (southwest corner of Ouellette Avenue and Chatham Street); it housed the Imperial Bank; it was built in 1893 and burned down on December 24th, 1945; the partially visible building on the right was the Laing Building (built 1886) which was part of the Norwich Block (also known sometimes as the Richmond Block).
Post Office, 1879 (Windsor)
Boer War Monument (Windsor)
Ouellette Avenue (Windsor)
Pitt Street (Windsor)
Allard, Walter, Designer
Chatham Street (Windsor)
Imperial Bank Of Canada (Windsor)
Victoria Block (Windsor)
Laing Building (Windsor)
Norwich Block (Windsor)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2