Sandwich St. Looking West, Windsor, Canada, 1907
The Pugh Manufacturing Co.
c. 1907; note that the Dominion Bank (S.W. corner of Sandwich Street and Ouellette Avenue, which opened in 1909, has not yet been built. It was built on the site of the second International Hotel (red brick building). On the left, the store, Bartlet, MacDonald And Gow, is visible. The Merchants Bank of Canada is on the northwest corner of Ouellette Avenue and Sandwich Street; the Canadian Bank of Commerce is on the southeast corner. The British-American Hotel is on the northeast corner. It was built after the fire of 1871. It was basically built as an extension of an older hotel: Hirons House. It was demolished in 1975. This card is postmarked 1911(?); the stamp is of King Edward VII who died in 1910; addressed to: Miss Janet Dalgliesh?
Sandwich Street (Windsor)
Ouellette Avenue (Windsor)
International Hotel (Windsor)
Bartlet, MacDonald And Gow (Windsor)
Merchants Bank Of Canada (Windsor)
British American Hotel (Windsor)
Canadian Bank Of Commerce (Windsor)
Dominion Bank (Windsor)
Hirons House (Windsor)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2