Sandwich Street Shops


(Click to View Larger Image)
Sandwich Street Shops
Date: 1865
Type(s): Photograph
Physical Description: b&w; 25x20 cm; reproduction c. 1970
Identifier(s): Acc. No. 08-022
Acc. No. 13-012, Box 11, 3555 PP
Source: Walkerville Times Collection
Notes: c. 1865; Sandwich Street (now Riverside Drive) between Ouellette Avenue and Goyeau Street; Donald Cameron started the general store in 1860; in 1862 it became Cameron And Thorburn (later Bartlet, MacDonald And Gow). Note: the Record Printing Company (a.k.a. the Record Printing House) which was founded in 1860 does not yet appear to be next door on the right-hand side; original in Windsor Community Museum, P5207
Subject(s): Commercial Buildings
Stores
Sandwich Street (Windsor)
Cameron And Thorburn (Windsor)
Bartlet, MacDonald And Gow (Windsor)
McGregor And Brothers, Bankers (Windsor)
Cameron And Cleary Law Office (Windsor)
Graham, B. And Company, Tailors (Windsor)
Gall, A., Tailor & Clothier (Windsor)
Foley, D. E., Merchant Tailor (Windsor)
Banks
Place(s): Windsor (Ontario)
Rights: Public Domain
Repository: University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image: Click to download original TIFF image