Cameron And Thorburn


(Click to View Larger Image)
Cameron And Thorburn
Date: 1870
Type(s): Photograph
Physical Description: b&w; 20x25 cm; reproduction c. 1970
Identifier(s): Acc. No. 08-022; 9B; 44
Acc. No. 13-012, Box 11, 3556 PP
Source: Walkerville Times Collection
Notes: c. 1870; south side of Sandwich St. (now Riverside Drive) between Ouellette Avenue and Goyeau Street; original at the Windsor Community Museum (PS206 and PC257; on the back: "Windsor 1870's, Riverside Drive, Cameron And Thorburn; present: Bartlet, MacDonald And Gow store"; these buildings all burned down in the great fire of October 1871; Cameron And Thorburn (later Bartlet, MacDonald And Gow) rebuilt, expanded several times but finally closed in 1972; the building was demolished the same year.
Subject(s): Commercial Buildings
Stores
Sandwich Street (Windsor)
Cameron And Thorburn (Windsor)
Cameron And Cleary Law Office (Windsor)
Webster, J., Tailor And Clothier (Windsor)
Record Printing Company (Windsor)
Rochfort's Billiard Hall (Windsor)
Richards, M., Baker And Confectioner (Windsor)
Billiard Halls
Bartlet, MacDonald And Gow (Windsor)
Place(s): Windsor (Ontario)
Rights: Public Domain
Repository: University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image: Click to download original TIFF image