Essex Industrial Works
Year: 
1892
Publisher: 
Toronto Daily Mail
Type(s): 
Photograph
Physical Description: 
b&w
Source: 
Toronto Daily Mail. Essex Supplement. March 5th, 1892, page 2
Notes: 
This building was originally called the Essex Centre Manufacturing Company, and then, the Essex Industrial Works. The building was erected in 1884. Harrington and Milne, Engine And Boiler Works, provided power to other tenants in the building. There was a foundry in the rear. The building contained the Essex Free Press Steam Printing House (north end); the Essex Free Press printing office appears to have been on the 1st floor - at the near end (first door). There is a sign in the window. Previous newspapers, e.g. the Liberal were also printed here. The building was located on the east side of Talbot Street, between Gordon Avenue and Arthur Avenue.
Subject(s): 
Essex Industrial Works (Essex)
Essex Centre Manufacturing Company
Harrington and Milne, Engine and Boiler Works (Essex)
Essex Free Press (Newspaper)
Milne, John
Factories
Commercial Buildings
Talbot Street (Essex)
Power Plants
Place(s): 
Essex (Ontario)
Rights: 
Public Domain
Repository: 
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image(s):
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1