Workers At S. H. Camp And Company Of Canada
Year: 
1935
Type(s): 
Photograph
Physical Description: 
b&w
Source: 
Donated by Dennis Kent
Notes: 
1935; 3 workers and a 1935 2 door Ford outside S. H. Camp and Company of Canada (Windsor). Camp and Co. Canada was located at 875-877 Mercer Street from 1935-1941; the building is on the southwest corner of Mercer Street and Elliott Street East, (between Mercer Street and McDougall Street). In 1941, they moved to 209-215 Sandwich Street West (Riverside Drive West). They manufactured abdominal supports. This company was a subsidiary of S. H. Camp and Company of Jackson, Michigan (founded 1908). Until the 1920s, they manufactured corsets and girdles, and then as fashions changed, they switched to therapeutic support garments. On the left: Florence Kudman, centre: Ann Martyniuk, right: unknown.
Subject(s): 
Camp, S. H. And Company of Canada (Windsor)
Factories
Factory Workers
Mercer Street (Windsor)
Elliott Street (Windsor)
Fashion
McDougall Street (Windsor)
Kudman, Florence
Martyniuk Kent, Ann
Automobiles
Ford Motor Company of Canada (Windsor)
Place(s): 
Windsor (Ontario)
Rights: 
Public Domain
Repository: 
Original in private collection
Tiff Image(s):
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1