Donated by Dennis Kent.
1935; Mrs. Myrtle Cornish was the Manager at S. H. Camp and Company of Canada Limited. Camp and Co. Canada was located at 875-877 Mercer Street from 1935-1941; the building is on the southwest corner of Mercer Street and Elliott Street East, (between Mercer Street and McDougall Street). In 1941, they moved to 209-215 Sandwich Street West (Riverside Drive West). They manufactured abdominal supports. This company was a subsidiary of S. H. Camp and Company of Jackson, Michigan (founded 1908). Until the 1920s, they manufactured corsets and girdles, and then as fashions changed, they switched to therapeutic support garments.
Cornish, Myrtle Mrs.
Camp, S. H. And Company of Canada (Windsor)
Mercer Street (Windsor)
Elliott Street (Windsor)
McDougall Street (Windsor)
Original in private collection
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1