Fort View House
Year: 
1909
Type(s): 
Photograph
Physical Description: 
b&w
Source: 
Township of Sandwich: Past and Present (1909) by Frederick Neal. Page 123
Notes: 
c. 1909; located on the northeast corner of Bedford Street (now Sandwich Street) and End Street; building was demolished c. 1903; owned and operated by Captain John S. Horn in the 1880s; was sold to Jacob Mailloux about 1900. Jacob Mailloux built the Colonial House Hotel, likely on the southeast corner of Bedford Street and End Street (but possibly on the site of the old Fort View Hotel).
Subject(s): 
Fort View House Hotel (Sandwich)
Hotels
Bedford Street (Windsor)
Sandwich Street (Windsor)
End Street (Sandwich)
Colonial House Hotel (Sandwich)
Place(s): 
Sandwich (Ontario)
Windsor (Ontario)
Rights: 
Public Domain
Repository: 
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image(s):
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1