The Township of Sandwich: Past and Present (1909) by Frederick Neal. Page 119
c. 1909; caption: "The Dominion House. Bedford St., Sandwich. John J. McCarthy, Prop." The Dominion House dates back to 1859. It was originally owned by Charles Askin and was located on the east side of Bedford Street. It was located on the stagecoach route from Windsor to Amherstburg. On February 23rd 1883, it burned to the ground; it then reopened the next month in an existing building, (the current one), on the west side of the street (now 3140 Sandwich Street). The verander and porch were removed in 1945/1946.
Dominion House Tavern (Windsor)
Bedford Street (Windsor)
Sandwich Street (Windsor)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1