|Army Barracks At Assumption College 1945|
Donated by John Coleman.
After the end of World War II there was a large influx of Canadian and American demobilized veterans entering Assumption College as students. Six army barracks (4 large ones and 2 smaller ones) were installed on campus to serve as temporary classrooms. They were installed in Fall 1945 and were demolished about 1966. The 2 small barracks are between the larger barracks. See the Detroit Free Press: Dec. 23rd, 1945, p. 9. In the background on the left is the original 1856 building (demolished 1965). Background Centre: St. Michael's Hall; background right: St. Denis Hall.
Assumption College (Windsor)
University of Windsor
Assumption College (Windsor). St. Michael's Hall
University of Windsor. St. Michael's Hall
Assumption College (Windsor). St. Denis Hall
University of Windsor. St. Denis Hall
World War II
Assumption College (Windsor). Original Building
University of Windsor. Original Building
Original in private collection
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1