|Old County Treasurer's Office|
The Township of Sandwich: Past and Present (1909) by Frederick Neal. Page 87
Located on Bedford Street (later Sandwich Street); "This little brick building was used as a District and County Treasurer's office during the administration of Geo. Bullock, from 1851 to 1857. It did service as a saloon during the American War. Later it was used as a harness and saddlery shop by ex-Councillor Abner C. Ellis. The old gentleman at the door is Gilbert Besbois, 83 years old, and standing on the sidewalk is James Allen. Both gentlemen have at one time held the position of Chief of Police of the Town of Amherstburg."
Treasurer's Office, Old (Sandwich)
Bedford Street (Windsor)
Sandwich Street (Windsor)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1