G. W. Mason General Store
Year: 
1880
Type(s): 
Photograph
Physical Description: 
Sepia; 27x20 cm
Source: 
Original is with the Miami County Historical Society (Indiana); copy donated by Doug Hohenberger
Notes: 
c.1880; located on the northeast corner of Bedford (now Sandwich) Street and Mill Street. George Washington Mason owned this store from the mid 1860s until roughly 1888. On October 8th, 1871, the building was destroyed by fire, along with many other buildings in Sandwich. It was re-built immediately and opened for business a few months later. John Spiers took over the store about 1888, and, at this point, it also functioned as the post office.
Subject(s): 
Mason, G. W., General Store (Sandwich)
Spiers, John, General Store (Sandwich)
Stores
Mill Street (Windsor)
Bedford Street (Windsor)
Sandwich Street (Windsor)
Commercial Buildings
Government Buildings
Post Office, 1885 (Sandwich)
Place(s): 
Sandwich (Ontario)
Windsor (Ontario)
Rights: 
Public Domain
Repository: 
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image(s):
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1