Title: 
Post Office, Windsor, Canada
Year: 
1909
Publisher: 
William H. Martin
Type(s): 
Postcard
Notes: 
C. 1909; the same postcard, written in 1909, is shown on p. 219 of Postcards from the Past, vol. 1 (FC3095.E8 P67 2005); the post office was located on the southwest corner of Ouellette Avenue and Pitt Street; it was built in 1879 and demolished in 1932; the Boer War Monument, designed by Walter Allard, is located at the front entrance. It was dedicated on May 24th, 1906, and later moved to Jackson Park.
Subject(s): 
Post Office, 1879 (Windsor)
Government Buildings
Ouellette Avenue (Windsor)
Pitt Street (Windsor)
Boer War Monument (Windsor)
Allard, Walter, Designer
War Monuments
Boer War
Place(s): 
Windsor (Ontario)
Rights: 
Public Domain
Repository: 
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image(s):
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2