Curry And Robinet Brickworks
Jules Robinet: "Mr. Sandwich", 1858-1942 by Michael G. Moosberger. M.A. Thesis, University of Windsor, Dept. of History, 1983.
Jules Robinet opened his first brickyard on 12 acres behind the cemetery of St. John's Church in Sandwich, in 1882. From 1887-1903 he was in partnership with William and John Curry. The main activity was on the east side of Peter Street; however, they had very extensive land holdings in Sandwich. The company was also known as Robinet Brick Company Limited. Jules Robinet manufactured bricks until 1915; his bricks were used all over Windsor and Sandwich, e.g. Sandwich Post Office, Assumption College. Jules Robinet is on the right, in the white shirt.
Curry And Robinet Brickworks (Sandwich)
Robinet Brick Company (Sandwich)
Peter Street (Windsor)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1