Mario's Restaurant, Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Curteich-Chicago / C. T. Art-Colortone
Mike Skreptak Collection; Gray Box
c. 1935; Mario's Restaurant, located at 583 Ouellette Avenue, Windsor, Ontario; Mike Mario, Eugene Walters and Frank Cundari opened the first Mario's Lunch in the British American Hotel in 1929; Mario's moved to 493 (new numbering: 583)Ouellette Avenue in the early 1930s. "One minute's walk from the Windsor-Detroit Tunnel; air conditioned, good food, quick service and cleanliness; the home of the famous Mario's sizzling steaks"; "Mario's for excellent cuisine, friendly atmosphere"
Mario's Restaurant (Windsor)
Ouellette Avenue (Windsor)
Leddy Library. University of Windsor
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2