Title: 
Burnside
Year: 
1923
Type(s): 
Photograph
Physical Description: 
Sepia; 7x11 cm
Identifier(s): 
Acc. No. 08-022
Source: 
Walkerville Times Collection; donated by Neil J. MacPhee
Notes: 
This building is located on the southeast corner of Lincoln Road and Richmond Street (formerly Huron Street). It originally served as the Walkerville branch of Bell Telephone. Harry Patterson had a hardware store on the street level, which his wife ran. There were apartments above. The Burnside Building was built by Lemuel Dexter Galloway in 1918 for Harry Patterson, a Walkerville engineer (source: Tod Gilbert, grandson of L.D. Galloway).
Subject(s): 
Apartment Buildings
Bell Telephone Company of Canada (Walkerville)
Burnside Building (Walkerville)
Lincoln Road (Windsor)
Richmond Street (Windsor)
Huron Street (Walkerville)
Galloway, Lemuel Dexter
Commercial Buildings
Patterson, Harry
Place(s): 
Walkerville (Ontario)
Windsor (Ontario)
Rights: 
Public Domain
Repository: 
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image(s):
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1