|Mission Pear Tree|
The Township of Sandwich: Past and Present (1909) by Frederick Neal. Page 57
"Loaded with fruit, on rear of lot 10, East Bedford Street, Sandwich"; propagated by seed brought from France by Jesuit missionaries in the seventeenth century. There were many of these trees planted in this region.
Bedford Street (Windsor)
Sandwich Street (Windsor)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1