Title: 
Girardot Building
Year: 
1905
Type(s): 
Photograph
Physical Description: 
b&w
Source: 
The Township of Sandwich: Past and Present (1909) by Frederick Neal. Page 40
Notes: 
"The Girardot Building: northwest corner of Mill and Bedford Streets. For a short time the home of the postoffice during Mr. Ouellette's administration"; Victor Ouellette was appointed postmaster in 1881 and resigned in 1885. During this period, the post office was moved several times. The office of E. Girardot Jr. can be seen on the ground floor, right-hand side. He sold wine, insurance, real estate. Sandwich Drug Store is on the ground floor, left-hand side.
Subject(s): 
Girardot Building (Sandwich)
Girardot, Ernest, Jr. (Sandwich)
Sandwich Drug Store (Sandwich)
Bedford Street (Windsor)
Sandwich Street (Windsor)
Mill Street (Windsor)
Stores
Commercial Buildings
Post Office, 1882 (Sandwich)
Government Offices
Place(s): 
Sandwich (Ontario)
Windsor (Ontario)
Rights: 
Public Domain
Repository: 
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image(s):
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1