Title: 
Home Of The Sandwich Postoffice
Year: 
1880
Type(s): 
Photograph
Physical Description: 
b&w
Source: 
The Township of Sandwich: Past and Present (1909) by Frederick Neal. Page 38
Notes: 
Photo c. 1880; "Home of the Sandwich Post Office during the administration of Capt. John [George] Gentle, from 1834 to 1838, and again during the regime of Calixte St. Louis, from the years 1865 to 1881." They were the Postmasters. The building operated as both a post office and a general store. It was located on lot 7 on the west side of Bedford Street, opposite the County Court House. By 1909, the building was being used as the residence and barber shop of James L. Smith.
Subject(s): 
Post Office, 1834 (Sandwich)
General Store (Sandwich)
Bedford Street (Windsor)
Sandwich Street (Windsor)
Stores
Government Buildings
Smith, James L., Barber Shop (Windsor)
Smith, James L., Residence (Windsor)
Place(s): 
Sandwich (Ontario)
Windsor (Ontario)
Rights: 
Public Domain
Repository: 
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image(s):
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1