Title: 
Hands Homestead
Year: 
1909
Type(s): 
Photograph
Physical Description: 
b&w
Source: 
The Township of Sandwich: Past and Present (1909) by Frederick Neal. Page 38
Notes: 
"As it appears at present [1909], after being rebuilt by its present owner and occupant, Mr. Fleming. It is now familiarly known as the Fleming Homestead." The Hands Homestead was on the east corner of Main Street and Church Street. Main Street ran south from Huron Church Line to Detroit Street where it became Bedford Street. Church Street ran west from Huron Church Line to Main Street. It was built in 1780 and then partially destroyed by fire, January 1st, 1900, before being re-built the same year. The land on which it was built was originally part of an Indian Reserve.
Subject(s): 
Hands, William, Residence (Sandwich)
Fleming, Harwood O., Residence (Sandwich)
Houses
Main Street (Sandwich)
Church Street (Sandwich)
Sandwich Street (Windsor)
Indian Reserves
Place(s): 
Sandwich (Ontario)
Windsor (Ontario)
Rights: 
Public Domain
Repository: 
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image(s):
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1