Michigan Central Station, Detroit, Michigan
Hiawatha Card Co.
Mike Skreptak Collection; Dexter Box
c. 1955; Michigan Central Station is located south of Michigan Avenue, at 2001 15th Street; owned by Michigan Central Railroad, the station was designed by Warren and Wetmore and Reed and Stem; the station opened prematurely after a fire destroyed Detroit's downtown station in December 1913, and it remained in use until Amtrak service stopped in January 1988; as of 2017, the building still stands but future use is undecided.
Michigan Central Station (Detroit)
Warren And Wetmore, Architects
Reed And Stem, Architects
Fifteenth Street (Detroit)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2