Ford Motor Company's Employees
Wolverine News Co.
Mike Skreptak Collection; Ephemera Box; From: Detroit's Largest Industries And Hotels, c. 1918, souvenir folder of postcards
c. 1918; postmarked 1920; Ford Motor Company in Detroit, Michigan; known as the Highland Park Ford Plant, it was designed by Albert Kahn Associates in 1908 and opened in 1910; located at 91 Manchester Avenue and fronting Woodward Avenue, it was the second plant to produce the Model T and first to assemble cars on a moving assembly line; in the late 1920s, most of the plant's production moved to the Ford Rouge River Plant in Dearborn, but this building still stands (2017); "Parent factory, Detroit, capacity 325,000 cars annually. Branches in the 35 principal cities of the United States. Branches in Argentina, France, England, Spain, Germany, Canada. Assembly plants in the 23 largest cities of America. Ford Factory, Ford, Ontario: capacity 35,000 cars annually; Ford factory, Manchester, England: capacity 15,000 cars annually. Foreign Department: 1136 Whitehall Building, 17 Battery Place, New York City."
Ford Motor Company (Detroit)
Ford Motor Company (Detroit). Highland Park Plant
Woodward Avenue (Detroit)
Manchester Avenue (Detroit)
Kahn, Albert, Architect
Highland Park (Michigan)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1