Public Library, Windsor, Ont., Canada.
Year: 
1930
Publisher: 
Valentine-Black Co. Ltd.
Identifier(s): 
114,348 J.V.
Source: 
Mike Skreptak Collection; Dexter Box
Notes: 
c. 1930; the building of this Public Library in Windsor, Ontario was made possible by a $20,000 donation from Andrew Carnegie, the American philanthropist; the new library became known as the Carnegie Library; it opened in October 1903 and was located on the southeast corner of Park Street and Victoria Avenue; in the 1925 renovations, the original main entrance which was located at the north front side of the building was moved to the middle front location depicted in this postcard; the car parked in front of the library is a 1926 Cadillac; this library functioned as the downtown library until the new Main Library opened on Ouellette Avenue in 1973. (Special thanks to James Mays for identifying the type and year of the car.)
Subject(s): 
Windsor Public Library
Carnegie Library (Windsor)
Libraries
Park Street (Windsor)
Victoria Avenue (Windsor)
Automobiles
Cadillac (Car)
Place(s): 
Windsor (Ontario)
Rights: 
Public Domain
Repository: 
University of Windsor
Tiff Image(s):
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2