Ferry Boat, Windsor, Canada.
|Ferry Boat, Windsor, Canada.|
Stedman Bros. Limited
S B 4961
Mike Skreptak Collection; Dexter Box
Postmarked 1912; photograph c. 1910; the ferry boat Excelsior, built in 1876 for the Detroit and Windsor Ferry Company; travelled mainly between Windsor and Detroit; also used as an excursion boat to Belle Isle; addressed to Miss Vera Robbins; on the bank is the building on Sandwich Street West that housed the D. M. Ferry Company, a seed wholesaler (60-62 Sandwich Street West) and J. and T. Hurley, Coal, Ice, and Wharfingers (56-58 Sandwich Street West). The owner was Timothy Hurley. The building was roughly at Dougall Avenue. About 1912-1913, D. M. Ferry Company moved to 2-6 McDougall Street.
Detroit, Belle Isle, And Windsor Ferry Company (Detroit)
Ferry, D. M. Company (Windsor)
Hurley, J. And T Company (Windsor)
Hurley, Timothy, Business Owner
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2