Hotel Dieu, Windsor, Canada.
|Hotel Dieu, Windsor, Canada.|
Pugh Manufacturing Co.
Mike Skreptak Collection; Dexter Box
Postmarked 1911; Hotel Dieu Hospital, located on the southeast corner of Ouellette Avenue and Erie Street, was founded in 1888 by St. Alphonsus Parish pastor Dean J. T. Wagner and five sisters from the Religious Hospitalers of St. Joseph who arrived from Montreal September 13, 1888; the hospital was designed by Montreal architect Charles Chausee; the architectural style was Norman and the building had 3 turrets; it opened on February 13, 1890 with a 100 bed capacity; more beds were added during expansions and renovations in 1910, 1927, 1938, 1952, and 1962; the original 1888 building was demolished in 1963.
Hotel Dieu Hospital (Windsor)
Ouellette Avenue (Windsor)
Erie Street (Windsor)
Religious Hospitalers of St. Joseph
Chausee, Charles, Architect
Wagner, J. T., Reverend
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2