Henry And Edsel Ford Auditorium
|Henry And Edsel Ford Auditorium|
Hiawatha Card Co.
Mike Skreptak Collection; Dexter Box
c. 1960; the Henry and Edsel Ford Auditorium was built in 1955 and opened in 1956; designed by the firm Odell, Hewlett and Luckenbach, it was located at the base of Auditorium Drive; it was home to the Detroit Symphony Orchestra for 33 years and also housed other musical and cultural activities; while it had a state-of-the-art recording system when it opened, the DSO eventually returned to its original home, Orchestra Hall, in 1989 because the poor acoustics could not be improved; thereafter, the hall had little use and was eventually demolished in July 2011 as part of Detroit's waterfront redesign plans.
Henry and Edsel Ford Auditorium (Detroit)
Detroit Symphony Orchestra
Odell, Hewlett and Luckenbach, Architects
Auditorium Drive (Detroit)
Civic Center (Detroit)
University of Windsor
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2