Title: 
Elmwood Casino And Motor Hotel, Windsor, Ontario
Year: 
1955
Type(s): 
Postcard
Physical Description: 
colour; 18 cm x 12 cm
Source: 
Mike Skreptak Collection; Ephemera Box
Notes: 
c. 1955; oversized postcard; became the Brentwood Recovery Home which was renamed in 2010 to the Frere Paul Charbonneau Centre; the Elmwood Casino and Hotel complex on Dougall Avenue was owned by Al Siegel for many years; the Elmwood Hotel was already in operation in the early 1930s, but underwent extensive reconstruction about 1944; further additions in the 1950s; it closed in December, 1974; many top acts played at the casino; "the strikingly modern Elmwood Casino and Motor Hotel is conveniently located on Dougall Road, just 12 minutes from downtown Detroit. Easily accessible from all directions, the 101 unit Elmwood Hotel provides the ultimate in guest facilities and comfort"; "Canada's largest and gayest supper club"
Subject(s): 
Elmwood Hotel (Windsor)
Hotels
Elmwood Casino (Windsor)
Casinos
Restaurants
Dougall Avenue (Windsor)
Brentwood Recovery Home (Windsor)
Frere Paul Charbonneau Centre (Windsor)
Siegel, Al
Place(s): 
Windsor (Ontario)
Rights: 
Public Domain
Repository: 
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image(s):
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2