Canadian Dredge And Dock Company, Medbury Lane West, March 1955
|Canadian Dredge And Dock Company, Medbury Lane West, March 1955|
b&w; digitized from negative
Medbury Lane West, Looking West, From Ouellette Avenue; Medbury Lane was roughly where the path along the Detroit River runs today. The Canadian Dredge And Dock Company are dredging and building retaining walls along the dock in the current Dieppe Park area; a ship is docked at the Windsor Harbour Commissioners offices; the 4 storey building on the north side of Sandwich Street is C. E. Jamieson And Company, Manufacturing Chemists (414 Sandwich Street West); on the south side of Sandwich Street, the sign for the Essex House Hotel (317 Sandwich Street West) is just visible. On March 2nd, 1955, a worker, Stanley C. Smith of Nova Scotia, was killed when he was knocked from a crane on-site.
Canadian Dredge And Dock Company (Toronto)
Medbury Lane (Windsor)
Ouellette Avenue (Windsor)
Sandwich Street (Windsor)
Riverside Drive (Windsor)
Essex Hotel (Windsor)
Jamieson, C. E. And Company, Manufacturing Chemists (Windsor)
Windsor Harbour Commissioners
Dieppe Gardens (Windsor)
Smith, Stanley C.
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1