|City Of Detroit III|
Dexter Press, Inc.
Mike Skreptak Collection; Dexter Box
c. 1950; "The City of Detroit III was, when built, the largest side wheel passenger ship in the world. She was launched in 1911 and her opulent interior reflected the period. The Gothic Room from this ship is now restored at the Dossin Great Lakes Museum, in Detroit."; designed by Frank E. Kirby and built by the Detroit Shipbuilding Co.; it routinely traveled between Detroit, Cleveland and Buffalo until 1950, before it was scrapped in 1956.
City of Detroit III (Ship)
Kirby, Frank E., Designer
Detroit Shipbuilding Company
Dossin Great Lakes Museum (Detroit)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2