Veterans' Memorial Building, Detroit, Michigan



(Click to View Larger Image)
Veterans' Memorial Building, Detroit, Michigan
Publisher: C. T. Art-Colortone
Date: 1950
Type(s): Postcard
Language: English
Identifier(s): 224
Source: Mike Skreptak Collection; Dexter Box
Notes: C. 1950; the Veterans' Memorial Building is located in Hart Plaza at 151 W. Jefferson Avenue; designed by Harley, Ellington and Day, construction began in 1948 and was completed in 1950; above the north entrance is "Victory Eagle" sculpted by Marshall Fredericks; initially used for veterans' services and other city agency offices, the UAW leased the building 1995 to 2014 and then purchased it.
Subject(s): Veterans Memorial Building (Detroit)
World War II
Harley, Ellington and Day, Architects
Fredericks, Marshall, Sculptor
Jefferson Avenue (Detroit)
Hart Plaza (Detroit)
Place(s): Detroit (Michigan)
Rights: Public Domain
Repository: University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image: Click to download original TIFF image