Title: 
General Motors Building, Detroit, Michigan
Year: 
1940
Publisher: 
United News Co.
Type(s): 
Postcard
Identifier(s): 
228
8A-H317
Language: 
English
Source: 
Mike Skreptak Collection; Dexter Box
Notes: 
c. 1940; "General Motors Building, at West Grand Boulevard and Second, is the largest building of its kind in the world. It covers an area of 504 x 322 feet, is 15 stories high and requires the services of 24 elevators. A fine restaurant, offices, display rooms and exclusive shops occupy the entire building." General Motors Building is located on West Grand Boulevard between Cass Avenue and Second Avenue; designed by Albert Kahn, it was built between 1919 and 1923 and functioned as the General Motors World Headquarters from 1923 - 2000; General Motors transferred its offices to the Renaissance Centre in 2000; state government offices now occupy the building and it has been renamed Cadillac Place.
Subject(s): 
General Motors Building (Detroit)
General Motors (Detroit)
Cadillac Place (Detroit)
West Grand Boulevard (Detroit)
Cass Avenue (Detroit)
Second Avenue (Detroit)
Commercial Buildings
Kahn, Albert, Architect
Place(s): 
Detroit (Michigan)
Rights: 
Public Domain
Repository: 
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image(s):
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2