Ford Motor Co., Detroit, Mich.
|Ford Motor Co., Detroit, Mich.|
Mike Skreptak Collection; Dexter Box
c. 1915; picture of the Ford Motor Company in Detroit, Michigan; known as the Highland Park Ford Plant, it was designed by Albert Kahn Associates in 1908 and opened in 1910; located at 91 Manchester Avenue and fronting Woodward Avenue, it was the second plant to produce the Model T and first to assemble cars on a moving assembly line; in the late 1920s, most of the plant's production moved to the Ford Rouge River Plant in Dearborn, but this building still stands (2017).
Ford Motor Company (Detroit)
Ford Motor Company (Detroit). Highland Park Plant
Woodward Avenue (Detroit)
Manchester Avenue (Detroit)
Kahn, Albert, Architect
Highland Park (Michigan)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2