Our Lady Of The Lake Church, Walkerville, Ont.
International Stationery Co.
Mike Skreptak Collection; Box 2
c. 1915; located on the southeast corner of Sandwich Street (now Riverside Drive) and Drouillard Road in Ford City (now Windsor); Our Lady of the Lake Roman Catholic Church was also known as "Notre Dame du Lac"; it burned down in 1907 and was rebuilt in 1908; the style of the new church was Romanesque with twin dome bell towers and cost $45,000; the church was the location of the only church riot in the R.C. diocese's history when parishioners refused to accept the newly appointed pastor in 1917; the church closed in 2007; it was bought by property developer Larry Horwitz and transformed into the Waters Edge Event Centre which opened in 2015.
Our Lady of the Lake Roman Catholic Church (Windsor)
Riverside Drive (Windsor)
Sandwich Street (Windsor)
Drouillard Road (Windsor)
Waters Edge Event Centre (Windsor)
Ford City (Ontario)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2