Assumption College from Ambassador Bridge, Sandwich, Ontario.



(Click to View Larger Image)
Assumption College from Ambassador Bridge, Sandwich, Ontario.
Publisher: F. H. Leslie Limited
Date: 1931
Type(s): Postcard
Language: English
Source: Mike Skreptak Collection; Box 2
Notes: Postmarked 1931; the cornerstone of Assumption College was laid in 1855; it first opened to students in 1857 but only became established as Assumption College in 1870; it is the oldest institution of higher learning west of Toronto; the east-west oriented, south wing of the building dates to 1875/1876 and was demolished in 1984; the current north-south oriented building was completed in 1884; the original old building was attached to the south wing and was demolished in 1965; Assumption College Chapel was completed in 1908; Dillon Hall (distant building on right side of postcard) was built in 1927/1928; addressed to Mrs. Joe Sekeley.
Subject(s): Assumption College (Windsor)
Assumption University (Windsor)
University of Windsor
Universities
Assumption College (Windsor). Chapel
Assumption University (Windsor). Chapel
Churches
Huron Church Road (Windsor)
Place(s): Sandwich (Ontario)
Windsor (Ontario)
Rights: Public Domain
Repository: University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image: Click to download original TIFF image