Driveway, Gladwin Park, Detroit, Mich.
C. T. Photochrom
Mike Skreptak Collection; Box 2
Postmarked 1914; located on East Jefferson Avenue near Cadillac Blvd; was purchased by the Detroit City Waterworks in 1868 to build a waterworks system; was also used as a public park; the name Water Works Park was changed to Gladwin Park, in honour of Major Henry Gladwin, British Commander of Fort Detroit during the 1763 seige; the park closed in 1951; addressed to Miss Edna Tousignant; "Gladwin Park is where the pumping station for Detroit's water supply is located. The park is situated in the eastern part of the city between Detroit River and Jefferson Avenue and contains about 75 acres of floral gardening, lakes, and canals. It is reached by Jefferson Avenue cars going east."
Gladwin Park (Detroit)
Water Works Park (Detroit)
Gladwin, Major Henry
Jefferson Avenue (Detroit)
Cadillac Boulevard (Detroit)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2