Title: 
Lighthouse, Lake St. Claire, Tilbury, Ontario, Canada.
Year: 
1955
Publisher: 
Photogelatine Engraving Co. Ltd.
Type(s): 
Postcard
Identifier(s): 
11
Language: 
English
Source: 
Mike Skreptak Collection; Box 2
Notes: 
c. 1955: from the Lakeshore website: In 1754, 2 lanterns and a wooden structure (known as the Lighthouse Cove Lighthouse) marked the exit of the Thames River into the southeastern part of Lake St. Clair; during the War of 1812 it was burned down by the American Army; it was rebuilt with local stone and manned by 3 generations of the (explorer) Jacques Cartier family from 1814-1950; currently, the lighthouse stands 53 feet high and electric lights have replaced the gas lanterns; the nearby lighthouse keeper's residence was built in the early 1800s and is currently occupied by the Canadian Coast Guard Search and Rescue Team.
Subject(s): 
Lighthouse (Tilbury)
Lighthouses
Lake St. Clair
Thames River (Ontario)
Place(s): 
Tilbury (Ontario)
Rights: 
Public Domain
Repository: 
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image(s):
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2