Title: 
Glass Works, Wallaceburg, Ontario
Year: 
1908
Type(s): 
Postcard
Language: 
English
Source: 
Mike Skreptak Collection; Box 1
Notes: 
Postmarked 1908; addressed to Mrs. Robert Johnston; the glass factory was built in 1894; by the early 20th century it was a very successful company, and there were 1400 employees by the late 1960s; over its history there were a number of mergers and name changes: Sydenham Glass Company (1894-1913), Dominion Glass Company (1913-1976), Dom Glass (1976-1978), Libby-St. Clair (1978-93), Libby (1993-1999); the plant closed in 1999 and was demolished in 2000
Subject(s): 
Sydenham River
Factories
Commercial Buildings
Sydenham Glass Company (Wallaceburg)
Dominion Glass Company (Wallaceburg)
Libby Canada Glass Company (Wallaceburg)
Place(s): 
Wallaceburg (Ontario)
Rights: 
Public Domain
Repository: 
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image(s):
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2