Title: 
Polsky House On The Move September 1950
Year: 
1950
Type(s): 
Photograph
Physical Description: 
b&w; digitized from negative
Identifier(s): 
00745
Source: 
WPD Collection
Notes: 
This house was owned by Alex Polsky and Ralph B. Polsky. It was originally located at 245 Belle Isle Avenue (now Belleview Avenue). It seems from the photograph that it was located close to the river, on the northwest corner of Belle Isle Avenue and Sandwich Street East; however, the city directories say it was on the south west corner. The layout of Sandwich Street East may also have changed. The house was moved to 237 Pillette Road, where it still stands today. The Polsky family owned Family Food And Vegetables and then the Big Bear Super Market. The ship "Imperial" can be seen on the river.
Subject(s): 
Houses
Polsky, Alex Residence (Windsor)
Polsky, Ralph B. Residence (Windsor)
Belle Isle Avenue (Windsor)
Belleview Avenue (Windsor)
Sandwich Street (Windsor)
Pillette Road (Windsor)
Detroit River
Waterfront (Windsor)
Ships
Imperial (Ship)
Place(s): 
Windsor (Ontario)
Rights: 
Public Domain
Repository: 
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image(s):
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1