|William Pitt Hotel, Chatham, Ontario, Canada|
Mike Skreptak Collection; Box 1
c. 1940; the William Pitt Hotel was located on the southwest corner of 6th Street and King Street West, Chatham Ontario; it was built on the site of the former Garner Hotel, which burned to the ground following a grease fire on December 18th 1929; owner John Garner rebuilt the hotel which opened in 1931 under the new name, the William Pitt Hotel; known for hosting bands and entertainers, it was sold and torn down in 1980, and was replaced with the Chatham Downtown Centre (Sears Mall).
William Pitt Hotel (Chatham)
Sixth Street (Chatham)
King Street (Chatham)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2