Dow Chemical Plant
|Dow Chemical Plant|
World Wide Sales Agencies Ltd.
Mike Skreptak Collection; Box 1
C. 1960; Dow Chemical Plant, showing Chlorine Unit, in the famous Chemical Valley of Sarnia, Ontario, Bluewater Gateway to Canada (from back of postcard); Herbert H. Dow founded the Dow Chemical Company in Midland, Michigan in 1897, and in 1942 the first plant in Sarnia, Ontario opened; Dow produced synthetic rubber, styrofoam, plastics, chemicals and agricultural products; in 2006 Dow announced that it was closing operations in Sarnia, and all operations ceased by 2008; in 2009, most of the property was sold to TransAlta Corporation.
Dow Chemical (Sarnia)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2