Post Office, Sandwich, Canada.
J. A. McCormick
Mike Skreptak Collection; Box 1
c. 1920; the Sandwich Post Office, opened June 1st, 1907; was designed by architect David Ewart and included Romanesque, Italianate Revival and Second Empire Revival styles; the original fountain in front of the building was donated by William P. Leech, a Sandwich citizen, in 1909; the building was used continuously as a post office until April 2013, when it closed; it was sold to Luna Wang and Matthew Zhao in 2014 for $151,000.00; renovations for the first floor were done by Jason Grossi and cost approximately 1 million dollars; in 2016 the building reopened as the Post Cafe; there are plans to turn the second floor into a Bed and Breakfast when funds are available.
Post Office, 1907 (Sandwich)
Ewart, David, Architect
Sandwich Street (Windsor)
Mill Street (Windsor)
Bedford Street (Windsor)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2