Eglise St. Jude, Belle Riviere, Ont.
Edition J. E. Evans
Mike Skreptak Collection; Box 1
Postmarked 1928?; St. Simon and St. Jude Church is located at 488 Charles Street in Belle River, Ontario; in 1834, a permanent mission at Belle River (the Mission of St. Jude) was established by the Quebec Bishop; the original church buildings were a log cabin erected in 1834, followed by a frame church built in 1848; the land for the current church was purchased by Fr. Jahan, the first pastor, in 1861 and the new church was built in 1868; it was officially named the Parish of St. Simon and St. Jude of Belle River when it was blessed on January 11th, 1869; the bell tower was erected about 1900, but was destroyed in a violent wind storm on November 19, 1919; the postcard is addressed to Mr. Arthur Anger.
St. Simon and St. Jude Church (Belle River)
Charles Street (Belle River)
Belle River (Ontario)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2