Title: 
Windsor Collegiate
Year: 
1920
Type(s): 
Postcard
Language: 
English
Source: 
Mike Skreptak Collection; Box 1
Notes: 
c. 1920; Windsor's first high school opened in 1888; known as the Windsor Collegiate Institute, it was the only public high school in Windsor until Walkerville, Lowe, Kennedy and Forster were built in the 1920s; the new addition was completed in 1917 by architect J. C. Pennington; in 1929 it was renamed Patterson Collegiate after J. C. Patterson, a Windsor politician and lawyer; it closed in 1973 and was demolished in 1979; was located on the southeast corner of Goyeau Street and Elliott Street.
Subject(s): 
Windsor Collegiate Institute
Patterson, J. C. Collegiate Institute (Windsor)
Schools
Goyeau Street (Windsor)
Elliott Street (Windsor)
Pennington, James Carlisle, Architect
Place(s): 
Windsor (Ontario)
Rights: 
Public Domain
Repository: 
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Tiff Image(s):
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2