|Jackson Park Sunken Gardens And Fountain|
Schneider Enterprises & Gifts Ltd.
Mike Skreptak Collection; Red Binder
C. 1967; "Jackson Park Sunken Gardens and fountain. A nearby rose garden symbolizes Windsor's title as the "City of Roses". Jackson Park is located south and east of the intersection of Tecumseh Road and Ouellette Avenue; the park was purchased at the end of 1927 from the Windsor Jockey Club; it was officially named Jackson Park in July 1929 in honour of Mayor Jackson, Windsor's mayor at the time; the construction of the gardens began in 1930 with federal support.
Jackson Park (Windsor)
Ouellette Avenue (Windsor)
Tecumseh Road (Windsor)
University of Windsor. Leddy Library
Click links to download Tiff images: Tiff Image 1 , Tiff Image 2